Saturday, July 20, 2013

Organize the Kid's Room on a Budget



Books, blocks, dolls, doll clothes, you name it you would find it all over my house! We do have a good sized playroom and most toys are suppose to be there, mind you, my daughter has special toys in her bedroom and we do keep books in several locations because I am a huge fan of reading.  Other than that I like the toys in the playroom.  Yeah right!  The chaos in her bedroom most days would stagger you.  Then it starts spilling out into the living room and of course, the kitchen.


 She doesn't always want to play in the playroom and likes to drag a few...or a lot of toys into her bedroom.  So we are left with a huge pile of toys which get thrown into a toy box, all mixed up and takes forever to get all the pieces together to play again.  This just wasn't working, every time we wanted to play, more time was spent sorting the toys than actually playing.

I love IKEA! They have such a variety of storage and organizing ideas.  I went  looking for something that would match my daughter's room and I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg.  I came across these kids storage boxes.  The TROFAST toy storage boxes come in different sizes and different colours to co-ordinate with any décor.  The boxes fit  in TROFAST frames or can be stacked when completed with a lid.  These medium sized boxes are  16 1/2 x 11 3/4 x 9 inches, perfect for organizing dolls, games, blocks or clothes.  You can't beat the price!  Each TROFAST storage box is $4.00 and the TROFAST lids are $1.50 each. 

I used one to store all the Barbie dolls, clothes and accessories.  In another I have the Legos.  One is just for dress up items.  They are all stacked neatly inside the closet, although, they look nice enough just to leave stacked in the room. Now when my daughter wants to play with her Legos, she just grabs the box and everything she needs is there.  Tidy time is a snap, throw everything back into the box, put the lid on and away you go.  My next purchase is the smaller TROFAST boxes.  They will be great for organizing the arts and craft supplies, colouring books and crayons and small miscellaneous items.  If you want to take a look at the IKEA TROFAST toy storage series click on the link below.  Now get your tidy on!

IKEA TROFAST toy storage boxes
 


 

 

No comments: